As a NetSuite developer, you are in high demand. With the increasing reliance on cloud-based software solutions, companies are looking for talented professionals who can customize and optimize their NetSuite systems. This demand has led to a competitive job market and a higher NetSuite Developer salary.
So how much can you get paid for doing this? We are about to dissect the NetSuite Developer salary and discuss how you can make more.
What is a NetSuite Developer?
NetSuite is a powerful cloud-based platform that organizations worldwide have used since 1998 to manage their business operations. It’s a cloud-based business management suite allowing you to manage your entire business in one place, including finance, sales and marketing, human resources, and supply chain management.
A NetSuite Developer creates apps and manages the Netsuite software that runs them. They may also work with third parties to develop custom solutions for clients. This can include building an app from scratch or adding functionality to an existing solution. To succeed in this role, a NetSuite developer must have excellent technical skills and understand how the platform works.
As a developer on a NetSuite team, you’ll have access to some of the most advanced tools in the industry and plenty of opportunities to advance your career.
How About the NetSuite Developer Salary?
NetSuite gets used by more than 30,000 businesses in 217 countries. As a result, the demand for developers is high, and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement. Due to the complexity of the role, when a business is searching for a NetSuite developer, they are serious about who they hire and the benefits they can offer.
The United States median salary is around $54,000. As a Netsuite developer, your salary will likely be double the national average.
Factors That Affect a NetSuite Developer’s Salary
The number 1 factor, and by far the biggest, is experience. This is great because this puts you in the driver’s seat in many ways to determine your salary. If you are starting as a developer, your average salary is around $60,000 annually. But with experience, you can move from an individual contributor to manager to director and earn a comfortable annual salary of $200,000+.
The number 2 factor is the location of the opportunity. For example, a developer working in a city such as New York, NY, or San Mateo, CA, may earn a higher salary due to the higher cost of living or higher demand in these areas. Below are the top spots as listed on ZipRecruiter:
- San Mateo, CA – $150,377 annually
- Dale City, CA – $148,963
- Berkely, CA – $148,156
Ways to Increase Your NetSuite Developer Salary
If you’re a NetSuite developer, you know how good it feels to know that you’re behind one of the most powerful ERP systems on the market.
Let’s explore some things you can do to increase your salary as a NetSuite developer:
- Never stop learning NetSuite. New functionalities are released in the program, typically in the spring and fall. You should always stay up-to-date with the latest features. Understanding new features can quickly set you apart from your peers. You will gain more insight into the entire system and can offer recommendations instead of just performing the given tasks.
- Deeply understand how NetSuite general ledger works. It will help you be more strategic in the technical side you create and connect it with user functionality.
- Consider learning about and recommending SuiteApps.
- Learn about NetSuite Advanced Revenue Management.
- Constantly improve and update your skill set.
- Be a thought leader and think like a solutions architect.
Why should you go with DataOngoing over a full-time Netsuite hire?
Dataongoing is a full-time company dedicated to solving your problems, meeting your needs, and fulfilling your wants. Our team of diverse professionals allows us to offer a broader range of services, apps, and integrations at the same price as hiring an individual. We can help you save on benefits and labor costs while providing a faster project turnaround. In addition to specializing in NetSuite, we also provide website solutions and can create custom software or tools to address any challenges you face.
Benefits of Going with Dataongoing:
- DataOngoing is reliable and ensures timely upgrades and efficient, effective work.
- We prioritize trustworthiness and security, protecting your information through our NetSuite platform.
- We are a highly customizable NetSuite integration company, able to create custom apps and processes to meet your specific needs.
- Proof-of-concepts modeled and delivered before the whole project buildout.
- Full training and education for your team.
- Able to start on projects within a week’s notice.
- You get a whole team for the price of one.
If you want to know more about our NetSuite services and/or want a custom price for your business, please click the Contac Us below. When you submit your info, we use your information to promptly contact you to schedule a time to hear about your challenges and start solving them!
If you already have a particular time and date, please use the Calendly link to book a call. Talk to you soon!