What is Warehouse Management System?
Warehouse Management System (WMS) is the add-on functionality for Oracle’s NetSuite ERP. If you’re already using NetSuite and running a warehouse or a business that ships tons of products, then you need to implement WMS as your integrated warehouse management tool.
The software can help you stay organized and reduce errors by easily tracking inventory and shipments. It also allows you to collaborate more easily with other departments in your organization.
A WMS can help reduce costs and improve productivity in many ways: inventory management, shipping and receiving tracking, etc.
The industry has seen a lot of changes over the years – from manual systems to modern cloud-based solutions – but we’re confident that our WMS will be able to keep up with any new developments or trends on the horizon.
Warehouse Management System (WMS) Is Useful For:
- Inbound Processing
- Inventory Processing & Management
- Outbound Processing
- Label Printing and Reprinting
- QR & barcode scanner capability
- In-depth warehouse reporting KPI metrics
Why Should You Integrate WMS Into Your Warehouse Operation?
Plain and simple, WMS, combined with NetSuite, allows for complete control over the customization of your warehouse workflow. Once configured to your needs, the user interface of WMS is easy for daily users to pick up quickly, making continued use of WMS a breeze.
Why Is NetSuite the Best WMS software?
NetSuite is the best WMS software because it is cost-effective, easy to use, and has a long history of success.
- Cost-effective: With NetSuite’s WMS software, your warehouse management system will be flexible, scalable, and future-proof. It configures easily to suit your individual business needs.
- Easy to use: The intuitive interface makes it easier for you to understand how your business operates so that you can make better-informed decisions about how to improve it.
- A long history of success: For over 20 years, NetSuite has been helping businesses manage their supply chain process more efficiently by providing them with tools such as inventory management, purchase order processing, manufacturing workflow automation, and more!
How Does WMS Work?
Imagine a world in which every piece of inventory is tracked and every order is fulfilled accurately. This is precisely what WMS software can do for you!
Organizations across all industries use WMS software to manage their warehouses efficiently and increase speed, accuracy, and efficiency. By leveraging the power of WMS technology for your warehouse operations, your organization will be able to:
- Improve visibility into the state of stock levels by identifying overstocked or out-of-stock items before they become an issue.
- Reduce errors during fulfillment processes through automated tracking systems that eliminate human error as much as possible (if not entirely).
- Increase customer satisfaction through faster delivery times and improved product quality control measures implemented by integrated barcode scanning systems that connect directly with supply chain partners via mobile applications when needed.
What are the benefits of Warehouse Management Software (WMS)?
Warehouse Management Software (WMS) is a software solution that can help you manage your warehouse more efficiently. This software allows you to streamline tasks and improve inventory management, reducing costs and improving customer service.
The benefits of WMS are:
- Manage your warehouse more efficiently
- Reduce errors
- Improve inventory management
- Reduce costs
NetSuite’s WMS software can help manage your warehouse and reduce errors. For a growing business, it could be a game-changer.
Installing NetSuite WMS Using SuiteApps
To begin your NetSuite WMS installation, you must install the two SuiteApps as follows:
First, install the SCM Mobile SuiteApp. Then, install the Oracle NetSuite WMS SuiteApp. The SCM Mobile SuiteApp contains a mobile device application that enables you to process orders and tasks on your warehouse floor. The Oracle NetSuite WMS SuiteApp includes the business logic that drives your warehouse processes. You can install these SuiteApps on either your sandbox or production account.
After installing these two SuiteApps, you must enable the Warehouse Management feature and system rule.
To enable features for NetSuite WMS:
- Go to Setup –> Company –> Enable Features.
- Then click the Items & Inventory subtab.
- Under the Inventory heading, check the box next to Warehouse Management.
At this point, you can enable other features that meet the requirements of your warehouse management.
If the Oracle NetSuite WMS SuiteApp is no longer active or installed on your account, make sure you inactivate this rule so that it does not interfere with the future processing of orders through your mobile device.
To install the SCM Mobile SuiteApp:
- Using the Administrator role, go to customization –> SuiteBundler –> Search & Install Bundles.
- On the Search & Install Bundles page, in the Keywords field, enter the name of the bundle you want to install, following the order in this list: SCM Mobile – 445345
- Click Search.
- From the bundle sublist, click the bundle name.
- Click Install.
Note: The Install button appears only for bundles available to be installed in your account. If you cannot find this button on the page, contact your NetSuite WMS account manager for more information about bundle access. If you see a popup message that asks for your permission to install future bundle updates, click OK to confirm. On the Preview Bundle Install page, click Install Bundle. After you install SCM Mobile SuiteApp, you can install Oracle NetSuite WMS SuiteApp. The SCM Mobile bundle installs in about 3 – 5 minutes, while Oracle NetSuite WMS takes about 20 – 30 minutes to install. You can continue working in your NetSuite account during bundle installation. To view the status of bundle installations, go to Customization -> SuiteBundler -> Search & Install Bundles -> List
NetSuite’s WMS software is an excellent way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage their inventory. It has many features that make it easy to use, even if you have little experience with technology. And because it’s cloud-based, there’s no hardware investment necessary! We also offer training so you can get started right away with WMS.
DataOngoing helps businesses use NetSuite’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) to its advantage. Your business will flow better, and with long-term effects like saving money and time, you can focus more on what matters to your business’s bottom line. Let us help you work smarter not harder.
Schedule an introductory call today!