NetSuite WMS: The future-proof warehouse management system that makes your life easier today, profitable tomorrow.
NetSuite: The fastest growing, #1 cloud ERP that powers businesses of all sizes, from small startups to global giants.
Imagine running a complex warehouse or a busy shipping operation FREE from the headaches that often accompany warehouse management. That’s the promise of Oracle’s NetSuite Warehouse Management System (NetSuite WMS), a necessary extension to the ERP platform. If you’re already using NetSuite, adding its WMS isn’t just a nice-to-have; it’s your next logical move for making your operations run smoother and with fewer mistakes.
This system isn’t just for tracking what’s in your warehouse or what you’re shipping out—though it does those things exceptionally well. It helps you manage all the different parts of your business that have to work together, like keeping inventory, shipping goods, and working well with other departments. It’s built to fit the specific needs of your warehouse, helping you save money and ramping up productivity across the board.
What makes this warehouse management system the solution?
- MOBILE PROCESSING AND LOGISTICS: Being able to capture and process data with a mobile device (barcode scanner) improves inventory accuracy and saves time spent on item handling. WMS guides the movement of items in the most efficient way possible.
- FULLY TRANSPARENT INVENTORY: Upon being scanned, WMS updates all items’ transactions and inventory data in real-time across the entire organization. You can watch each item enter, go through, and exit your warehouse.
- TIMELY ORDER FULFILLMENT: WMS uses efficient pick paths and multi-order picking. This increases customer satisfaction due to quick order delivery and minimizing incorrect picks, inaccurate fulfillment, and data validation.
- MOBILE MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES: Mobile management gives the users the ability to receive, put away, pick, and pack directly from a mobile device, minimizing error and maintaining real-time visibility.
- BIN MANAGED INVENTORY: WMS manages inventory using bins. This robust functionality optimizes the use of warehouse space. All from a mobile device, you can create wave transactions, perform order processing, manage the inventory, define stock locations, and link them back to items and their assigned stock location.
REAL-TIME INVENTORY VISIBILITY: Avoid stockouts and overstocking.
Upon being scanned, WMS updates all items’ transactions and inventory data in real-time across the entire organization. You can watch each item enter, go through, and exit your warehouse.
This is crucial for making informed inventory management decisions. You can monitor stock levels, order statuses, and shipment details all in one place.
This level of visibility is invaluable for businesses that need to maintain optimal inventory levels to meet customer demands.
MOBILE MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES: Mobile management gives the users the ability to receive, put away, pick, and pack directly from a mobile device, minimizing error and maintaining real-time visibility.
Real-Time Updates: Warehouse staff can update inventory levels, process orders, and perform other tasks in real-time, directly from the warehouse floor.
User-Friendly Interface: The mobile app is designed to be intuitive, reducing the learning curve for your staff and speeding up the adoption process.
Barcode Scanning: The mobile app integrates with barcode scanners, making it easier to track items as they move through the warehouse.
Task Prioritization: Warehouse staff can receive prioritized tasks directly on their mobile devices, helping to optimize workflow and improve efficiency.
IMPROVED ORDER ACCURACY AND TIMELY FULFILLMENT:
Guides workers through the picking and packing process. This helps to reduce errors and ensure that customers receive their orders on time and in full.
WMS uses efficient pick paths and multi-order picking. This increases customer satisfaction due to quick order delivery and minimizing incorrect picks, inaccurate fulfillment, and data validation.
WMS manages inventory using bins. This robust functionality optimizes the use of warehouse space. All from a mobile device, you can create wave transactions, perform order processing, manage the inventory, define stock locations, and link them back to items and their assigned stock location.
Why businesses love NetSuite WMS.
- NetSuite WMS is part of the NetSuite ERP suite. This means that it is tightly integrated with other NetSuite modules, such as inventory management, order management, and accounting. This integration can help businesses to streamline their operations and improve efficiency.
- NetSuite WMS is cloud-based. This means that businesses can access it from anywhere with an internet connection. This is a major advantage for businesses with multiple warehouses or with employees who work remotely.
- NetSuite WMS is highly customizable. This means that businesses can tailor it to meet their specific needs. This is important for businesses with complex warehouse operations or with unique requirements.
- Improved order accuracy and fulfillment: NetSuite WMS helps businesses to improve order accuracy and fulfillment by guiding workers through the picking and packing process. This helps to reduce errors and ensure that customers receive their orders on time and in full.
- Increased warehouse efficiency: NetSuite WMS can help businesses to increase warehouse efficiency by optimizing picking and packing routes, and by automating tasks like put away and replenishment. This can help businesses to save time and money on their warehouse operations.
- Reduced costs: NetSuite WMS can help businesses to reduce costs by improving inventory accuracy, order accuracy, and warehouse efficiency. This can lead to lower labor costs, lower inventory costs, and lower shipping costs.
- Scalability: NetSuite WMS is scalable to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes. This makes it a good choice for businesses that are growing or that have complex warehouse operations.
The Key Processes Broken Down
Receive and process inventory.
- Seamless Procure to Pay Integration
- Connects all records in the Procure to Pay process for easy inventory receipt
- Enables quick receiving through the original purchase order via a “Receive” button
- Inventory Returns and Transfer Orders
- Simplifies the process of handling returns and transfers
- Utilizes the same “Receive” button functionality for ease of use
- Advanced Putaway with Bin Feature
- Supports marking the location of each received item in the warehouse
- Facilitates efficient storage and retrieval
- Item Categorization
- Utilizes NetSuite’s item type records for inventory classification
- Supports categorization by lot-numbered or serialized items
- Inventory Transfers
- Automatic updates to total inventory count when marking new locations
- Simplifies internal warehouse transfers
- Inventory Search Options
- Allows for searching by item name, item number, and UPC
- Provides access to a list of similar items in inventory
- Inventory Adjustments
- Utilizes inventory adjustment records for accurate counts
- Enables adjustments outside of normal transactions
- Cycle Count Plans
- Allows for scheduled inventory counts
- Supports creation of cycle count plans
- Mobile Inventory Counts
- Enables employees to perform counts using NetSuite WMS mobile option
- Facilitates easy and quick inventory checks
- Replenishment Alerts
- Preconfigured reports for low inventory levels
- Sends alerts when inventory falls below desired levels
- Order Picking
- Sales orders are released to the warehouse for picking
- Warehouse managers can create “waves” of orders for efficient picking
- Pickers access orders via mobile devices
- Pick task records manage the picking process, specifying items and quantities
- Order Packing
- Supports both manual and automated packing processes
- Allows for easy entry of carton details and pack status
- Offers advanced packing capabilities through NetSuite’s Pack Station SuiteApp
- Shipping Support
- Generates shipping labels post-picking and packing
- Integrates with NetSuite WMS Shipping Integration for seamless carrier information transfer